Roles can best be described as a group of rights that can be granted to one or more people. Depending on the applications you use you may need several roles.
Granting a role to a user
To give a user all the rights needed for their tasks you can grant them the needed role(s).
- Select the unit the user is in.
- Select the user.
- Choose "Grants", "Grant role" from the button bar.
- The "Grant role" dialog is openend.
- Select the unit the role is in.
- Select the role.
- Enter the reason for granting this role in the comments.
- Click "OK".
The role is immediately granted to the user. The user may need to press "refresh" in their browser or log out and back in to the WebHare server.
Adding a role
- Select the unit to which you want to add the new role.
- Choose "Add", "New role..." from the button bar.
- Enter the name of the role and, if desired, a comment.
Changing a role
To change the role's properties you can double click on a role or select a role and choose "Properties". In the properties screen the information can be changed.
Moving a role
A user can me moved by selecting the role and choosing "Move..." from the menu. A role can only be moved to another existing unit where you have the right to add roles - units you are allowed to see but to which you can't move roles have a red 'forbidden' icon.
Deleting a role
A role can be deleted by selecting the user and clicking the "Delete" button. You will be asked for confirmation, after which the role definitively deleted.